Journal indexing means.
Indexing is a database of scientific journals having a good track record of maintaining the ethics and quality in terms of publication. Indexed journals considered to be higher quality in comparison to a non-indexed journal.
Indexing of a journal provides better visibility of the journal to a wider user. Being visible and accessible to larger people will cause better quality papers and results.
Almost every researcher and author search journals using these databases to find a particular journal. Indexing helps the researcher to find a good journal according to his/her needs.
What benefits for Indexed journals?
- The indexed journal gets better visibility.
- Gets quality papers from the authors for publication.
- The Journal impact factor gets increased.
- Authority and reputation of the journal get improved.U
Journal indexing agencies list or Indexing bodies
Here are some of the most reputed journal indexing agencies where you can check the indexing and apply for it.
Object Identifier Service Providers
- Cross Ref (DOI)
- DOI Registration Agencies
- Unique Object Identifier (UOI)
- Scientific Object Identifier
- Digital Identification Database system
- Digital Online Identifier-Database System
B. Top Indexing Services Providers
- Thomson Reuters
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Google Scholar
- Indian Citation Index
- African Journals On Line (AJOL)
- Scholar Steer
- Index Copernicus
- Open Academic Journals Index (OAJI)
- Social Science Research Network
- Registry of Open Access Repositories
- The CLOCKSS Archive
- ISI Indexing
- Ulrich’s International Periodical Directory
There are many indexing bodies but these are some of the most trusted and reputed Journal indexing agencies referred by most universities in the world and research organizations. So use this database wisely and check other aspects also to choose the best journal for our research.