IIT Kanpur is the Organizing Institute for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2023. The examination will be held on 4th, 5th, 11th, and 12th of February 2023.
Opening date for Online Registration – Tuesday, 30 August 2022
Closing date for Online Registration – Friday, 30 September 2022
Closing date for extended Online Registration (with late fees): Friday, 7 October 2022
Announcement of Results – Thursday, 16 March, 2023
A candidate who is currently studying in 3 or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science/Commerce/Arts, is eligible to take this examination. Qualified GATE score can be used for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to:
- Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science/Commerce/Arts;
- and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science, in the institutions supported by the MoE and other Government agencies, subject to fulfilling the admission criteria of the admitting institutes.
- The GATE score is also used by some colleges and institutions for admitting students without MoE scholarship/assistantship.
- Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using GATE score in their recruitment process.
GATE 2023 will be conducted for 29 papers.
Candidates may appear either in ONE or TWO papers. For candidates who choose TWO papers, the combination must be from the approved list and subject to the availability of infrastructure and date.
GATE 2023 PAPERS
Candidates may appear either in ONE or TWO papers. For candidates who choose TWO papers, the combination
must be from the approved list and subject to the availability of infrastructure and date.
List of GATE Papers:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architecture and Planning
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Ecology and Evolution
- Geomatics Engineering
- Geology and Geophysics
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Textile Engineering & Fibre Science
- Engineering Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Life Sciences