Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bhilai has announced PhD Admission for July 2023 Semester. Regular and Sponsored PhD Programs are available. Institute Fellowships are available for Regular Full Time PhD Scholars.
Application categories for PhD admission:
- Sponsored external full-time
- Sponsored external part -time
- Sponsored non-external full-time
- Sponsored non-external part -time
Key Date: The Start date of application (online only) is 03 April 2023 (10:00 Hrs IST).
Last date for submitting an online application form and completing the payment is 15 May 2023
Entrance Tests and Interviews – June 2023
List of Departments where PhD Admission Available:
Bioscience and Biomedical Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering
Eligibility criteria for PhD admissions:
A. Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
- Master’s degree in engineering/Technology with first class, 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/Technology with first class, 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in science, arts, social sciences with first class 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or equivalent.
- #M.Pharm with first class, 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or equivalent.
5 #M.B.B.S or B.D.S with first class, 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or equivalent.
B. Applicants must also fulfil ONE of the following additional requirements.
- Valid GATE/GPAT# Score (Also refer to Table 1 below for department/discipline specific criteria).
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR/DAE or DST INSPIRE Fellowship (Also refer to Table 1 below for department/ discipline specific criteria).
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring a master’s degree in engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience.
- BTech from IIT with a CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more.
- #NEET-PG, NEET-AIIMS (INI-CET), NEET-MDS scores as applicable.
For exact details about eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, the candidates should refer the Admission Notification, uploaded on the official website of IIT Bhilai.