National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani, An Autonomous Institution of the Government of India, has announced PhD Admission for January 2021.
The selected students are expected to work on human diseases with emphasis on gaining biological insights into disease mechanisms using clinical samples and appropriate models, both in silico and in vivo.
The broad areas of research on which students are expected to work are listed below:
1.Biomedical Genomics and the functional implications in the context of:
B. Chronic disease
2.Computational Biology and Statistical Genomics
Key Dates: The closing date for submission of online application is 31 December 2021.
The minimum eligibility criteria for accepting students at NIBMG to pursue research leading to Ph.D. degree are:
- Master’s degree in any discipline of Biological Sciences (Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Biophysics or related disciplines).
- Candidates in general category must have secured at least 55% aggregate in Master’s degree. This will be relaxed for reserved categories as they are only required to successfully complete Master’s degree.
- An applicant must have qualified in the junior research fellowship conducted by UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only), NBHM, BINC, and must have a valid award letter of Research Fellowship at the time of interview. DST-INSPIRE students with a provisional certificate from DST are also eligible to apply. Candidates who have qualified for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or any other fellowship for the reserved categories are encouraged to apply.
- Should have an MBBS or B.Tech (Biotechnology) with at least 55% marks along with a valid junior research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only).
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in established research laboratories in preparation for a research career in biomedical sciences. This condition is not applicable to individuals belonging to reserved categories.
Selection Procedure: Short-listed candidates will be called for a formal interview to make the final selection. Interview will be in January, 2021.
For exact eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, the interested candidates should refer the PhD Admission Notification, uploaded on the official website of National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani.
Comments are closed.