NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022- NIT Durgapur invites applications for PhD admission Even Semester 2021-22.
Check more detailslike admission categories, application fees, eligibility criteria etc. here.
PhD Admission Categories
Application are invited for categories (A, B, C , K)
Category-A: Full-time Research Scholar with Institute Fellowship
Category-B: Regular Research Scholar with financial support from Government Programs (sponsored by DST, CSIR, UGC etc.)
Category-C: Regular Research Scholar selected in Externally Funded Sponsored Projects in the Institute
Category-D: Regular Research Scholar under QIP/EFIP Scheme (Not Applicable)
Category-E: Regular Foreign Research Scholar Admitted through Government of India (Not Applicable).
Category-F: Professional Research Scholar from the Institute (NIT Durgapur Faculty / Staff): (Must be supported by a No Objection Certificate from the Head of the Institute). (Not Applicable).
Category-G: Regular Sponsored Research Scholar from Government/ Semi-Government/ other Highly Reputed Organizations/Academic or Research Institutions (Submission of No Objection Certificate /Sponsorship Certificate in the given format is mandatory). (Not Applicable).
Category-H: Professional Sponsored Research Scholar from Reputed Industries (Industry Research Program): (Submission of No Objection Certificate / Sponsorship Certificate in the given format is mandatory). (Not Applicable).
Category-I: Professional Research Scholar from Academic/ Research Institutions (Must be supported by a No Objection Certificate from the Head of the Institute). (Not Applicable).
Category-J: Professional Sponsored Research Scholar under Government of India Schemes like TEQIP etc. (Will be guided by TEQIP norms), (Not Applicable).
CATEGORY-K: Self-Sponsored PhD Program (for all Departments/Centers).
PhD offering Departments
- Physics (PH)
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Chemical Engineering (CH)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CS)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Earth and Environmental Studies (ES)
- Humanities & Social Studies (HS)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering (MM)
- Management Studies (MS)
- Centre for Research on Environment and Water (CREW)
- Centre for Biomedical Engineering & Assistive Technology
- Centre for Advanced Research on Energy (CARE)
- Centre of Excellence on IoT and Intelligent Systems (IoTIS)
List of Departments with vacant seats with Institute Fellowship
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||03|
|Computer Science & Engineering (CS)||03|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC)||02|
|Earth and Environmental Studies (ES)||01|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||01|
|Management Studies (MS)||03|
|Total Number of Seats||16|
Important Dates for NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022
|Last date of form submission (Online)||28/01/2022 at 17.00 Hrs.|
|Publication of list of applicants||01/02/2022|
|Verification of Documents &|
Uploading of any remaining documents
|Publication of shortlisted candidates||07/02/2022|
|Online/offline admission test and viva-voce||10/02/2022 – 12/02/2022|
|Publication of results||16/02/2022|
|Online admission and enrolment of selected candidates||18/02/2022 – 21/02/2022|
|Date of Admission of Candidates from Waitlist, if required||24/02/2022 – 25/02/2022|
|Date of Physical Reporting to the Institute||To be notified later|
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022
For department wise eligibility criteria Read Notification.
Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website of NIT Durgapur.
Read instructions given there carefully before filling application form.
|For SC/ST/PWD candidates||Rs 1,000/-|
|Mode of Payment||NEFT or IMPS only|
Selection of PhD candidates under categories A, B, C, G, I & K
- The shortlisting of applications will be made by the respective departments based on the documents submitted (online) and only the shortlisted candidates will be intimated for online admission test and viva voce (online) on the notified date.
- All shortlisted candidates shall appear for the admission test online/offline.
- There may be a further screening after the conduction of the admission test and before viva-voce, depending upon the number of candidates.
Selection of PhD candidates under categories F, H, & J
- Selection under these categories will be made directly subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria fixed by the respective departments.
- A shortlisting of applications will be made and the shortlisted candidates only will be called for viva voce online.
Syllabus of the admission test
Candidates are referred to check the webpage of the
respective Departments/Centres in the Institute website.