National Institute of Technology (NIT )Warangal, an Institute of National Importance, has announced PhD Admission for January 2023 session. The PhD Programs, in Full-time (FT) and Part-time (PT) modes, are offered in 13 departments of the institute.
Fellowships:The candidates selected for admission into PhD under Full-Time program are eligible to receive institute fellowship as per Ministry of Education, (former MHRD) rules. Category-wise (EWS, OBC, SC, ST, PWD) reservations on overall available seats will be followed as per Government of India norms.
Announcement of inviting Applications: 14 November, 2022
Last date to receive applications: 4 December, 2022
Last date to receive the list of shortlisted candidates from the Departments: 11 December, 2022
The PhD Programs, in Full-time (FT) and Part-time (PT) modes, are offered in the following Departments:
1 Civil Engineering
2 Electrical Engineering
3 Mechanical Engineering
4 Electronics and Communications Engineering
5 Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
6 Chemical Engineering
7 Computer Science and Engineering
12 Humanities and Social Sciences (English Language Teaching)
13 School of Management
Types of PhD Offered by NIT Warangal:
- Full-time student on institute fellowship.
- Full-time Government/Semi-Government Fellowship awardees / QIP / FIP (UGC) /
CSIR / UGC / DOE / DST / DBT / NBHM etc.
- Full-time project fellows/JRF/SRF appointed in R&D projects being carried out in NITW.
- Full-time Sponsored student from Industry/R&D organizations.
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) fellowship awardees (Foreign students).
- Full-time External (CSIR/ JRF/ SRF Fellows) working in National Research
Laboratories/ R&D Organization having necessary facilities
- Full-time Self-financing Programme (Sponsored by Industry)
- Full-time Self-finance (Rule of reservation is not applicable. Master’s degree is compulsory whereas GATE/UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NET/CAT is not mandatory).
Permanent faculty and other permanent staff of NIT, Warangal.
- Permanent faculty of Private Academic Institutions with NIRF ranking below 200 at least once in last five years.
- Permanent faculty from Educational Institutions fully funded by Government or Maintained by Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Mode.
- Permanent Employees from Private Industries with R&D facilities having three years of experience in an industry of five years standing with membership in CII/ASSOCHEM or any other similar membership.
- Permanent employees working in Government R&D laboratories/Government Organizations/Government Industry/PSUs/State Undertakings.
First class with 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA at both UG and PG for GEN/OBC-NCL/GEN-EWS category and minimum 55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category.
Master’s/M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering/Technology in the appropriate branch of study.
All candidates must have qualified in GATE (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
Bachelor’s in Engineering/Technology with valid GATE score and at least CGPA of 8.0/10 or 75% of marks under GEN/OBC-NCL/GEN-EWS category and at least CGPA of 7.5/10 or 70% for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category.
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science (Mathematics/Physics/ Chemistry)/B.Tech or equivalent degree/ M.Tech or equivalent degree.
All candidates must have qualified in GATE/UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
For further details about eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, the candidates should refer the PhD Admission Notification, uploaded on the official website of NIT Warangal.