Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), India’s premier institution for advanced research in fundamental sciences, will conduct Entrance Test for Graduate School Admissions (GS-2023) for PhD, Integrated PhD and MSc Progarmms on 11 December 2022 (Sunday).
The application portal for GS-2023 will open soon (any time in mid September 2022).
Date of Examination : Sunday, 11 December 2022
Online application portal opens : To be updated by mid-September 2022
Last date for application : To be updated by mid-September 2022
TIFR will release the detailed admission notification very soon. Once, the notification is released, SkillOutlook will share an update.
PhD Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 31,000/- (+ hostel accommodation OR HRA as applicable) enhanced to Rs 35,000/- after registration.
I-PhD Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 21,000/- for the first year. At the end of the first year, upon satisfactory performance, the fellowship is enhanced to Rs 31,000/- per month (further raised to Rs 35,000/- after registration for Ph.D.).
MSc (Biology) Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 16,000/- (+HRA as applicable).
MSc (Wildlife Biology & Conservation) Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 12,000/- (fixed).
Various Programmes Offered by TIFR under Graduate School Admissions
Mathematics PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD Programmes
- School of Mathematics, TIFR Mumbai
- Centre for Applicable Mathematics (CAM), Bengaluru
- Internatonal Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Bengaluru (Only Ph.D. program).
Physics PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD Programmes:
- Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Department of Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science
- Department of High Energy Physics
- Department of Nuclear & Atomic Physics
- Department of Theoretical Physics
All above at TIFR, Mumbai Campus
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Pune
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (TIFR-H) –
- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences
Chemistry PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD Programs
- Department of Chemical Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (TIFR-H)
Biology PhD, Integrated MSc-PhD and MSc Programmes
Department of Biological Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bengaluru) – PhD, Integrated MSc-PhD, and MSc (Wildlife Biology & Conservation) programmes.
TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TCIS), Hyderabad – PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD programs only.
Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability) PhD Programme only.
- School of Technology & Computer Science (STCS), TIFR, Mumbai
Science Education – PhD Programme
- Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Mumbai.